...Working late, and had to get this one off my chest:
Problem: People don't like how the BCS determines the NCAA college football championship.
Solution: Extend the season 1 week to allow a 4-team modified bracket as follows:
The Top 3 part: Top 3 teams in the nation are assigned to seeds 1, 2 & 3 respectively
The Plus 1 (P1) part (aka The Boise State Rule) 4th seed is reserved for the highest ranked undefeated team that is not already nationally ranked 1 through 4. If there is no undefeated teams in top 25, the 4th team is filled with the 4th nationally ranked team.
- Solves the Boise State problem.
- Two more corporations can sponsor these new playoff games.
- This gives the championship game a warm-up week so the following championship teams will be back in the swing.
- Can provide an exciting 1 vs. 4 prove yourselves game to a smaller undefeated team, and hype the final game huge if they win.
- Extends the season 1 week.
Your thoughts? Let's get this solved...